The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ), which rose 10.11% or 11.80 points to trade at 128.50 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 4.81% or 0.665 points to end at 14.490 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) was up 3.15% or 0.650 points to 21.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which lost 1.64% or 0.36 points to trade at 21.56 in late trade. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) declined 1.50% or 1.75 points to end at 114.70 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) shed 1.44% or 6.50 points to 444.70.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) which rose 10.11% to 128.50, Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) which was up 6.03% to settle at 28.50 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which gained 4.81% to close at 14.490.
The worst performers were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was down 9.53% to 72.160 in late trade, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which lost 4.33% to settle at 23.420 and Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which was down 4.01% to 330.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 323 to 234 and 106 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.46% to 14.04.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.22% or 2.95 to $1316.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.69% or 0.37 to hit $54.03 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.10% or 0.68 to trade at $62.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.1375, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.8781.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 96.028.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.