The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which rose 1.74% or 2.06 points to trade at 120.74 at the close. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) added 1.13% or 0.25 points to end at 22.46 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) was up 1.01% or 1.35 points to 134.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 2.14% or 0.64 points to trade at 29.22 in late trade. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) declined 1.95% or 2.45 points to end at 123.00 and Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) shed 1.50% or 0.70 points to 45.83.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 5.87% to 22.740, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was up 5.81% to settle at 16.400 and Euronext (PA: ENX ) which gained 1.85% to close at 57.70.
The worst performers were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which was down 4.03% to 12.86 in late trade, Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which lost 2.92% to settle at 11.97 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was down 2.56% to 8.195 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 305 to 278 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.66% to 14.13.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.49% or 6.35 to $1301.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.14% or 1.35 to hit $64.43 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.05% or 0.74 to trade at $71.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.41% to 1.1260, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8620.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.36% at 96.648.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.