The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 2.11% or 0.46 points to trade at 22.30 at the close. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) added 1.74% or 0.30 points to end at 17.80 and Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) was up 1.40% or 1.74 points to 125.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ), which lost 2.59% or 4.20 points to trade at 158.25 in late trade. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) declined 2.00% or 2.65 points to end at 129.55 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) shed 1.21% or 0.94 points to 76.55.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which rose 3.43% to 73.660, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was up 2.18% to settle at 2.765 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which gained 2.17% to close at 1.786.
The worst performers were Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) which was down 2.59% to 158.25 in late trade, WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) which lost 2.00% to settle at 129.55 and Mercialys SA (PA: MERY ) which was down 1.45% to 11.54 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 284 to 279 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.96% to 12.86.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.97% or 13.65 to $1414.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 3.63% or 2.10 to hit $59.93 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 3.69% or 2.37 to trade at $66.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.48% to 1.1260, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.8999.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.42% at 96.683.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.