The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 2.68% or 1.90 points to trade at 72.82 at the close. Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) added 2.05% or 1.050 points to end at 52.300 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 1.76% or 1.85 points to 106.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 2.70% or 0.57 points to trade at 20.57 in late trade. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) declined 2.01% or 0.225 points to end at 10.980 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) shed 1.97% or 0.42 points to 20.87.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Neopost SA (PA: NPOS ) which rose 3.30% to 18.18, Teleperformance SE (PA: ROCH ) which was up 3.20% to settle at 174.40 and Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which gained 3.11% to close at 109.40.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 5.94% to 2.312 in late trade, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which lost 3.81% to settle at 1.567 and Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which was down 3.40% to 29.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 315 to 227 and 88 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.44% to 14.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.11% or 1.35 to $1274.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.07% or 1.94 to hit $61.19 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 2.12% or 1.53 to trade at $70.65 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1157, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8802.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.00% at 97.898.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.