The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ), which rose 1.45% or 1.24 points to trade at 86.94 at the close. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) added 1.37% or 0.270 points to end at 19.950 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was up 1.28% or 1.06 points to 83.96 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which lost 1.91% or 0.390 points to trade at 20.040 in late trade. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) declined 1.73% or 0.71 points to end at 40.70 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) shed 1.64% or 0.38 points to 22.82.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 5.28% to 1.516, Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was up 4.47% to settle at 88.340 and Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which gained 3.60% to close at 96.400.
The worst performers were Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which was down 5.00% to 176.23 in late trade, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which lost 4.57% to settle at 130.65 and Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was down 3.00% to 9.38 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 331 to 255 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 10.65% to 13.13.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.17% or 2.20 to $1291.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.36% or 0.26 to hit $71.23 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.34% or 0.27 to trade at $79.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.1787, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8741.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 93.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.