The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which rose 5.58% or 4.90 points to trade at 92.74 at the close. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) added 2.14% or 0.71 points to end at 33.87 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) was up 1.77% or 0.31 points to 17.82 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ), which lost 4.17% or 2.42 points to trade at 55.60 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 2.99% or 0.82 points to end at 26.62 and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) shed 1.90% or 5.25 points to 271.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which rose 5.78% to 14.270, Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) which was up 5.58% to settle at 92.74 and Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which gained 3.78% to close at 8.38.
The worst performers were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 7.76% to 1.758 in late trade, Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which lost 6.92% to settle at 15.73 and Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which was down 4.55% to 0.661 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 293 to 266 and 113 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.22% to 15.74 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.17% or 2.10 to $1224.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.52% or 0.94 to hit $60.73 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.73% or 1.25 to trade at $70.82 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.1404, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8702.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 96.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.