The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 1.76% or 0.47 points to trade at 27.16 at the close. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) added 0.94% or 0.20 points to end at 21.57 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) was up 0.76% or 0.145 points to 19.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which lost 1.38% or 0.43 points to trade at 30.82 in late trade. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) declined 1.09% or 1.58 points to end at 143.54 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 1.03% or 0.150 points to 14.480.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 12.36% to 20.540, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was up 3.67% to settle at 13.570 and Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which gained 3.04% to close at 88.15.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 5.17% to 1.680 in late trade, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 23.620 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was down 3.12% to 52.700 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 312 to 258 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.09% to 14.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.68% or 22.25 to $1344.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.45% or 0.25 to hit $56.23 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.57% or 0.38 to trade at $66.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.36% to 1.1348, while EUR/GBP fell 0.69% to 0.8688.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.45% at 96.308.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.