The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which rose 1.57% or 7.50 points to trade at 485.50 at the close. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) added 1.32% or 0.82 points to end at 62.82 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) was up 1.10% or 0.22 points to 20.31 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 4.06% or 1.14 points to trade at 26.94 in late trade. Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) declined 2.18% or 1.02 points to end at 45.87 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) shed 1.71% or 0.90 points to 51.81.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Suez SA (PA: SEVI ) which rose 7.97% to 13.080, Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which was up 4.00% to settle at 22.88 and ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which gained 2.58% to close at 14.72.
The worst performers were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was down 4.06% to 26.94 in late trade, Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which lost 3.72% to settle at 19.95 and Amundi SA (PA: AMUN ) which was down 2.24% to 71.66 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 287 to 240 and 122 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 3.46% to 12.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.04% or 0.50 to $1314.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 2.76% or 1.95 to hit $68.78 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 2.22% or 1.69 to trade at $74.48 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.1885, while EUR/GBP fell 0.32% to 0.8767.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 92.82.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.