The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which rose 3.09% or 0.65 points to trade at 21.67 at the close. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) added 1.49% or 0.78 points to end at 52.98 and Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) was up 1.30% or 1.40 points to 108.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 2.11% or 0.53 points to trade at 24.62 in late trade. Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) declined 1.68% or 1.56 points to end at 91.50 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 1.18% or 0.145 points to 12.195.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 5.67% to 1.285, SES (PA: SESFd ) which was up 3.15% to settle at 18.49 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) which gained 3.09% to close at 21.67.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 32.17% to 2.610 in late trade, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which lost 5.16% to settle at 52.400 and Elis Services SA (PA: ELIS ) which was down 3.74% to 17.23 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 360 to 220 and 84 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 10.27% to 19.35.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.95% or 23.40 to $1222.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.41% or 0.23 to hit $56.23 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.27% or 0.18 to trade at $66.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.79% to 1.1417, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8889.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.52% at 96.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.