The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ), which rose 1.36% or 4.25 points to trade at 317.70 at the close. Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) added 1.31% or 1.45 points to end at 112.10 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) was up 1.06% or 5.20 points to 497.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which lost 3.85% or 0.560 points to trade at 13.970 in late trade. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) declined 2.90% or 0.63 points to end at 21.12 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) shed 2.63% or 0.45 points to 16.45.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) which rose 1.36% to 317.70, Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) which was up 1.31% to settle at 112.10 and Tarkett (PA: TKTT ) which gained 1.08% to close at 18.64.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 5.75% to 2.083 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 5.29% to settle at 12.900 and Rothschild & Co SCA (PA: ROTH ) which was down 4.86% to 26.400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 423 to 156 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.48% to 16.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.78% or 10.35 to $1329.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.22% or 0.13 to hit $58.91 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.14 to trade at $66.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1319, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8587.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 96.005.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.