The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ), which rose 1.91% or 2.65 points to trade at 141.30 at the close. Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) added 1.24% or 1.25 points to end at 101.95 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) was up 1.16% or 0.56 points to 49.17 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 3.84% or 0.584 points to trade at 14.622 in late trade. Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) declined 1.90% or 1.000 points to end at 51.500 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 1.74% or 0.24 points to 13.58.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 8.44% to 2.440, Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which was up 3.44% to settle at 36.080 and Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) which gained 1.91% to close at 141.30.
The worst performers were Nexans SA (PA: NEXS ) which was down 3.99% to 28.38 in late trade, ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which lost 3.84% to settle at 14.622 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was down 3.12% to 104.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 318 to 242 and 76 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.78% to 14.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.82% or 10.55 to $1275.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $62.80 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.81% or 0.59 to trade at $72.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1165, while EUR/GBP rose 0.49% to 0.8771.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 97.782.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.