The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which rose 2.25% or 0.620 points to trade at 28.135 at the close. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) added 1.65% or 1.23 points to end at 75.60 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) was up 0.57% or 2.60 points to 458.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 3.60% or 1.51 points to trade at 40.49 in late trade. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) declined 3.28% or 0.640 points to end at 18.895 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) shed 2.35% or 2.70 points to 112.15.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eutelsat Communications (PA: ETL ) which rose 4.50% to 19.14, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 8.136 and GTT (PA: GTT ) which gained 4.10% to close at 58.35.
The worst performers were BIC (PA: BICP ) which was down 9.91% to 73.65 in late trade, Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which lost 3.79% to settle at 33.52 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) which was down 3.60% to 40.49 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 351 to 218 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 2.07% to 12.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.49% or 6.00 to $1217.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 1.50% or 1.03 to hit $67.73 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 2.06% or 1.53 to trade at $72.68 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.1667, while EUR/GBP fell 0.17% to 0.8894.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 94.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.