The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 2.52% or 0.47 points to trade at 19.30 at the close. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) added 1.78% or 1.31 points to end at 75.02 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) was up 0.78% or 0.36 points to 47.24 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which lost 6.41% or 3.60 points to trade at 52.60 in late trade. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) declined 2.39% or 3.30 points to end at 135.00 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) shed 2.28% or 0.39 points to 16.52.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which rose 2.52% to 19.30, Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was up 2.52% to settle at 10.98 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) which gained 1.78% to close at 75.02.
The worst performers were Renault SA (PA: RENA ) which was down 6.41% to 52.60 in late trade, Klepierre SA (PA: LOIM ) which lost 5.41% to settle at 29.19 and Eurofins Scientific SE (PA: EUFI ) which was down 3.71% to 368.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 298 to 238 and 114 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.96% to 15.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.75% or 9.95 to $1343.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.17% or 0.09 to hit $51.59 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.07% or 0.04 to trade at $60.59 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.67% to 1.1295, while EUR/GBP rose 0.49% to 0.8885.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.45% at 96.817.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.