The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 5.12% or 0.820 points to trade at 16.840 at the close. Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) added 4.21% or 5.75 points to end at 142.25 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) was up 3.08% or 4.65 points to 155.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which lost 3.55% or 2.23 points to trade at 60.50 in late trade. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) declined 2.67% or 0.76 points to end at 27.52 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) shed 2.30% or 1.18 points to 50.04.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ingenico Group SA (PA: INGC ) which rose 6.18% to 72.50, STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was up 5.12% to settle at 16.840 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which gained 4.76% to close at 58.300.
The worst performers were Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 6.82% to 69.00 in late trade, Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA (PA: PLOF ) which lost 4.20% to settle at 27.61 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) which was down 3.55% to 60.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 287 to 273 and 97 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.20% to 12.87.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.37% or 4.65 to $1277.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.62% or 0.41 to hit $65.89 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.05% or 0.04 to trade at $74.47 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.59% to 1.1159, while EUR/GBP fell 0.45% to 0.8636.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.38% at 97.692.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.