The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 1.69% or 0.335 points to trade at 20.200 at the close. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) added 1.48% or 7.10 points to end at 487.10 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) was up 1.23% or 0.81 points to 66.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which lost 2.37% or 0.310 points to trade at 12.785 in late trade. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) declined 2.11% or 0.88 points to end at 40.89 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) shed 2.08% or 1.20 points to 56.62.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which rose 6.48% to 1.060, Euronext (PA: ENX ) which was up 5.43% to settle at 54.40 and Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which gained 3.47% to close at 89.500.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 7.22% to 1.477 in late trade, Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) which lost 3.02% to settle at 40.15 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was down 3.00% to 49.08 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 324 to 234 and 103 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.53% to 14.14.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.13% or 14.60 to $1304.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.13% or 0.81 to hit $71.03 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.75% or 0.60 to trade at $79.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.31% to 1.1732, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8764.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 93.68.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.