The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Safran SA (PA: SAF ), which rose 6.37% or 6.95 points to trade at 116.05 at the close. Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) added 1.24% or 1.28 points to end at 104.28 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) was up 1.18% or 0.94 points to 80.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which lost 2.07% or 9.10 points to trade at 430.10 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 2.02% or 0.51 points to end at 24.70 and Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) shed 1.95% or 0.85 points to 42.68.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Safran SA (PA: SAF ) which rose 6.37% to 116.05, Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which was up 3.48% to settle at 58.22 and Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which gained 3.18% to close at 27.57.
The worst performers were Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which was down 8.07% to 8.490 in late trade, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which lost 5.25% to settle at 24.200 and Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 4.64% to 1.069 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 363 to 193 and 100 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.05% to 16.28.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.18% or 2.20 to $1203.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 2.30% or 1.58 to hit $67.14 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.89% or 1.46 to trade at $75.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1615, while EUR/GBP fell 0.36% to 0.8980.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 95.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.