The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 1.71% or 0.45 points to trade at 26.81 at the close. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) added 1.15% or 0.63 points to end at 55.53 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) was up 0.91% or 0.20 points to 22.26 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 2.32% or 0.95 points to trade at 40.00 in late trade. Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) declined 1.92% or 0.74 points to end at 37.81 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) shed 1.73% or 1.44 points to 81.56.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were SES (PA: SESFd ) which rose 4.38% to 17.17, Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which was up 4.27% to settle at 7.820 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which gained 3.81% to close at 54.500.
The worst performers were Tarkett (PA: TKTT ) which was down 4.46% to 22.30 in late trade, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which lost 3.12% to settle at 55.22 and Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 2.83% to 8.706 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 341 to 232 and 96 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 7.69% to 13.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.32% or 3.80 to $1205.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.16% or 1.53 to hit $72.31 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 2.75% or 2.15 to trade at $80.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.18% to 1.1770, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8969.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 93.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.