The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which rose 1.75% or 1.64 points to trade at 95.18 at the close. Hermes International SCA (PA: HRMS ) added 1.39% or 6.80 points to end at 495.70 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) was up 1.02% or 0.29 points to 29.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ), which lost 5.66% or 1.71 points to trade at 28.50 in late trade. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) declined 3.85% or 1.66 points to end at 41.42 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) shed 1.86% or 0.192 points to 10.154.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 6.06% to 68.25, Getlink SE (PA: GETP ) which was up 3.21% to settle at 12.365 and Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which gained 2.72% to close at 33.960.
The worst performers were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 7.91% to 12.580 in late trade, Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) which lost 5.66% to settle at 28.50 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 4.37% to 1.445 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 319 to 261 and 88 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.69% to 15.65 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.23% or 2.95 to $1290.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.90% or 0.47 to hit $51.84 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.51% or 0.31 to trade at $61.01 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.1384, while EUR/GBP fell 0.61% to 0.8791.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 95.790.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.