The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which rose 8.79% or 31.90 points to trade at 394.70 at the close. Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) added 2.93% or 2.91 points to end at 102.20 and Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) was up 2.49% or 2.60 points to 107.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 4.59% or 2.79 points to trade at 57.98 in late trade. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) declined 2.62% or 2.19 points to end at 81.42 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 2.16% or 0.32 points to 14.24.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) which rose 8.79% to 394.70, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was up 4.04% to settle at 13.645 and Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) which gained 3.77% to close at 90.10.
The worst performers were BIC (PA: BICP ) which was down 8.30% to 83.61 in late trade, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which lost 6.90% to settle at 2.660 and ALD International SA (PA: ALDA ) which was down 6.25% to 12.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 382 to 217 and 97 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 13.15% to 13.83 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.14% or 1.79 to $1280.09 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.57% or 0.30 to hit $52.17 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.22% or 0.13 to trade at $58.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.40% to 1.1808, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.8911.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 93.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.