The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ), which rose 2.10% or 2.30 points to trade at 112.00 at the close. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) added 0.89% or 0.20 points to end at 22.59 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) was up 0.88% or 0.66 points to 76.06 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ), which lost 2.78% or 0.73 points to trade at 25.75 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 2.73% or 0.74 points to end at 26.36 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) shed 2.07% or 1.27 points to 60.14.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which rose 3.35% to 12.030, Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was up 3.16% to settle at 50.300 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 2.93% to close at 41.44.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 7.16% to 1.440 in late trade, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which lost 4.16% to settle at 0.933 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 4.07% to 23.080 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 331 to 243 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 2.87% to 14.18.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.28% or 3.65 to $1318.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.70% or 0.94 to hit $54.32 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.45% or 0.28 to trade at $62.47 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1434, while EUR/GBP rose 0.07% to 0.8759.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 95.558.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.