The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ), which rose 1.31% or 0.39 points to trade at 30.12 at the close. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) added 0.94% or 1.30 points to end at 140.00 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was up 0.70% or 0.66 points to 94.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 4.55% or 0.904 points to trade at 18.944 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 3.41% or 0.440 points to end at 12.480 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) shed 1.86% or 0.79 points to 41.52.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which rose 5.40% to 66.400, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was up 4.70% to settle at 10.690 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which gained 2.54% to close at 46.000.
The worst performers were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 5.36% to 11.310 in late trade, ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which lost 4.55% to settle at 18.944 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was down 3.41% to 12.480 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 328 to 244 and 88 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 6.01% to 16.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.15 to $1282.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 2.72% or 1.47 to hit $52.57 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 2.74% or 1.72 to trade at $61.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.02% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP fell 0.53% to 0.8766.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 95.928.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.