The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 2.13% or 0.50 points to trade at 23.92 at the close. Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) added 1.27% or 1.35 points to end at 108.05 and STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ) was up 1.03% or 0.195 points to 19.040 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which lost 1.52% or 0.34 points to trade at 22.36 in late trade. Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ) declined 1.36% or 0.58 points to end at 42.31 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) shed 1.34% or 0.65 points to 47.87.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which rose 4.99% to 22.10, ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which was up 4.55% to settle at 13.34 and Euronext (PA: ENX ) which gained 4.18% to close at 51.27.
The worst performers were Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which was down 5.90% to 14.350 in late trade, Innate Pharma (PA: IPH ) which lost 3.15% to settle at 4.920 and Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was down 3.03% to 64.430 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 316 to 304 and 82 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.37% to 12.02.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.77% or 9.87 to $1272.23 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.33% or 0.19 to hit $57.11 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.38% or 0.24 to trade at $62.29 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.35% to 1.1889, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8815.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 93.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.