The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 3.08% or 0.77 points to trade at 25.59 at the close. Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ) added 0.96% or 1.25 points to end at 131.25 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) was up 0.76% or 0.155 points to 20.680 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which lost 2.04% or 0.87 points to trade at 41.84 in late trade. Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) declined 1.45% or 0.93 points to end at 62.99 and Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) shed 1.40% or 0.77 points to 54.36.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which rose 3.08% to 25.59, SEB SA (PA: SEBF ) which was up 1.70% to settle at 158.60 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which gained 1.63% to close at 5.250.
The worst performers were Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 3.39% to 12.120 in late trade, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which lost 2.80% to settle at 38.825 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 2.51% to 35.410 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 366 to 239 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 3.38% to 11.37.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.49% or 6.27 to $1275.33 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.33% or 0.19 to hit $57.16 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.79% or 0.51 to trade at $63.76 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.24% to 1.1582, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8806.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 94.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.