The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which rose 4.12% or 0.85 points to trade at 21.62 at the close. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) added 1.55% or 0.62 points to end at 40.67 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) was up 1.37% or 1.19 points to 87.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 5.03% or 1.250 points to trade at 23.595 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 3.90% or 0.95 points to end at 23.42 and Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) shed 1.95% or 0.94 points to 47.44.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which rose 5.72% to 12.48, Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) which was up 4.12% to settle at 21.62 and Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which gained 3.36% to close at 34.64.
The worst performers were ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which was down 5.03% to 23.595 in late trade, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which lost 3.90% to settle at 23.42 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 3.51% to 4.294 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 364 to 245 and 88 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 9.10% to 14.69 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.03% or 0.39 to $1279.29 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 2.11% or 1.20 to hit $55.56 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.96% or 1.24 to trade at $61.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.87% to 1.1768, while EUR/GBP rose 0.64% to 0.8953.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.53% at 93.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.