The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 1.59% or 0.67 points to trade at 42.74 at the close. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) added 1.52% or 0.27 points to end at 18.00 and Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ) was up 0.21% or 0.45 points to 211.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Safran SA (PA: SAF ), which lost 1.47% or 1.29 points to trade at 86.54 in late trade. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) declined 1.41% or 3.55 points to end at 247.80 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 1.21% or 0.32 points to 26.14.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 3.49% to 98.48, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was up 1.78% to settle at 36.585 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 1.60% to close at 49.72.
The worst performers were SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 2.38% to 13.12 in late trade, GTT (PA: GTT ) which lost 1.62% to settle at 50.47 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) which was down 1.47% to 86.54 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 337 to 267 and 93 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 5.27% to 12.19.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.39% or 5.10 to $1296.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $59.64 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.17% or 0.11 to trade at $65.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.47% to 1.1952, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8886.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 92.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.