The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which rose 1.89% or 6.80 points to trade at 367.00 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 1.79% or 0.53 points to end at 30.17 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) was up 0.80% or 0.70 points to 88.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which lost 2.87% or 0.92 points to trade at 31.19 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 2.86% or 0.74 points to end at 25.17 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) shed 2.79% or 2.58 points to 90.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) which rose 1.89% to 367.00, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which was up 1.83% to settle at 25.57 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) which gained 1.79% to close at 30.17.
The worst performers were Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was down 7.49% to 61.750 in late trade, Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which lost 3.39% to settle at 27.36 and Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which was down 3.27% to 13.900 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 364 to 216 and 86 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 2.65% to 17.79.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.10% or 1.20 to $1224.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $69.14 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.14% or 0.11 to trade at $79.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.39% to 1.1469, while EUR/GBP rose 0.32% to 0.8845.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 95.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.