The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Worldline SA (PA: WLN ), which rose 2.10% or 1.250 points to trade at 60.750 at the close. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) added 1.28% or 0.31 points to end at 24.51 and Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) was up 0.94% or 1.10 points to 118.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 3.58% or 0.73 points to trade at 19.64 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 2.81% or 0.422 points to end at 14.592 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) shed 2.73% or 1.32 points to 46.95.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 5.50% to 18.800, Imerys SA (PA: IMTP ) which was up 4.42% to settle at 43.90 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which gained 2.10% to close at 60.750.
The worst performers were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 4.72% to 15.130 in late trade, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which lost 3.58% to settle at 19.64 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 3.18% to 17.350 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 327 to 235 and 98 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.20% to 14.55.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.37% or 4.95 to $1336.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 2.48% or 1.32 to hit $51.95 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 2.02% or 1.26 to trade at $61.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.28% to 1.1297, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.8903.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 96.898.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.