The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ), which rose 2.46% or 4.60 points to trade at 191.30 at the close. Danone SA (PA: DANO ) added 1.56% or 0.98 points to end at 63.80 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) was up 1.12% or 1.30 points to 117.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which lost 11.86% or 4.32 points to trade at 32.11 in late trade. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) declined 11.28% or 11.16 points to end at 87.74 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) shed 5.01% or 4.88 points to 92.58.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which rose 12.75% to 66.750, Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was up 2.77% to settle at 15.39 and L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) which gained 2.46% to close at 191.30.
The worst performers were Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was down 25.66% to 89.95 in late trade, Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) which lost 11.86% to settle at 32.11 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) which was down 11.28% to 87.74 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 416 to 165 and 102 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 15.70.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1230.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.83% or 0.57 to hit $69.22 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.96% or 0.76 to trade at $80.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.52% to 1.1514, while EUR/GBP rose 0.34% to 0.8828.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 95.43.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.