The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Schneider Electric SE (PA: SCHN ), which rose 1.29% or 0.82 points to trade at 64.36 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 1.11% or 0.240 points to end at 21.770 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) was up 0.91% or 0.45 points to 50.11 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which lost 5.24% or 1.09 points to trade at 19.79 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 3.53% or 0.92 points to end at 25.15 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 2.72% or 0.34 points to 12.16.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which rose 3.00% to 25.04, Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 8.20 and Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which gained 1.75% to close at 3.848.
The worst performers were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 5.72% to 20.100 in late trade, Groupe Eurotunnel (PA: GETP ) which lost 5.32% to settle at 10.940 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) which was down 5.24% to 19.79 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 395 to 178 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 13.70% to 21.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.18% or 14.10 to $1213.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.73% or 0.41 to hit $56.66 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.04% or 0.69 to trade at $66.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.11% to 1.1323, while EUR/GBP rose 1.84% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 96.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.