The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Worldline SA (PA: WLN ), which rose 1.41% or 0.750 points to trade at 53.900 at the close. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) added 0.93% or 0.190 points to end at 20.710 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) was up 0.81% or 0.110 points to 13.695 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which lost 4.55% or 2.57 points to trade at 53.92 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 2.54% or 0.49 points to end at 18.80 and Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) shed 2.47% or 4.00 points to 157.80.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which rose 3.02% to 34.07, Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was up 2.24% to settle at 12.56 and Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which gained 1.79% to close at 68.200.
The worst performers were Natixis (PA: CNAT ) which was down 15.94% to 4.109 in late trade, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which lost 6.98% to settle at 33.07 and Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was down 4.71% to 50.62 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 344 to 213 and 84 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.62% to 16.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.35% or 17.40 to $1304.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.23% or 1.83 to hit $54.76 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 3.35% or 2.19 to trade at $63.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.27% to 1.1160, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8839.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 97.762.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.