The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 1.50% or 1.38 points to trade at 93.16 at the close. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) added 1.16% or 0.55 points to end at 48.00 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) was up 1.00% or 0.210 points to 21.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 5.34% or 1.18 points to trade at 20.93 in late trade. Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) declined 5.13% or 3.36 points to end at 62.16 and AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) shed 4.70% or 1.11 points to 22.63.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Nexans SA (PA: NEXS ) which rose 3.52% to 32.33, Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was up 3.49% to settle at 10.080 and Metropole Television SA (PA: MMTP ) which gained 2.60% to close at 18.15.
The worst performers were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was down 5.34% to 20.93 in late trade, Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) which lost 5.13% to settle at 62.16 and AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) which was down 4.70% to 22.63 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 354 to 230 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.55% to 14.12.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.99% or 12.75 to $1271.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 3.54% or 2.25 to hit $61.35 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 2.80% or 2.02 to trade at $70.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1178, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8582.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 97.555.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.