The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 2.50% or 1.70 points to trade at 69.68 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 1.91% or 0.46 points to end at 24.53 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) was up 1.44% or 0.26 points to 18.36 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which lost 4.11% or 1.56 points to trade at 36.36 in late trade. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) declined 3.83% or 1.86 points to end at 46.76 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 2.96% or 0.52 points to 17.05.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Getlink SE (PA: GETP ) which rose 5.49% to 12.005, Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was up 4.28% to settle at 80.35 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which gained 2.50% to close at 69.68.
The worst performers were Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which was down 6.06% to 0.499 in late trade, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which lost 5.34% to settle at 1.817 and Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was down 4.86% to 13.51 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 390 to 185 and 89 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.05% to 20.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1252.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 4.82% or 2.42 to hit $47.78 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 3.64% or 2.17 to trade at $57.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8990.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.512.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.