The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which rose 0.54% or 0.46 points to trade at 85.86 at the close. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) added 0.08% or 0.10 points to end at 121.30 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) was down 0.17% or 0.11 points to 63.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ), which lost 3.59% or 0.695 points to trade at 18.690 in late trade. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) declined 2.81% or 0.59 points to end at 20.37 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 2.43% or 0.510 points to 20.500.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which rose 5.26% to 11.80, SES (PA: SESFd ) which was up 4.27% to settle at 15.89 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 3.04% to close at 55.90.
The worst performers were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which was down 4.44% to 14.43 in late trade, Imerys (PA: IMTP ) which lost 3.63% to settle at 66.30 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) which was down 3.59% to 18.690 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 422 to 164 and 83 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 15.91% to 15.12.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.35% or 4.40 to $1270.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $65.64 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.43% or 1.07 to trade at $73.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.1597, while EUR/GBP fell 0.32% to 0.8759.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 94.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.