The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Danone SA (PA: DANO ), which fell 0.05% or 0.03 points to trade at 65.45 at the close. Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) fell 0.13% or 0.15 points to end at 111.65 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) was down 0.16% or 0.02 points to 12.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ), which lost 2.89% or 3.55 points to trade at 119.45 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 2.28% or 0.60 points to end at 25.71 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) shed 2.15% or 2.40 points to 109.30.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which rose 4.82% to 1.218, Trigano (PA: TRIA ) which was up 4.10% to settle at 90.05 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which gained 1.79% to close at 100.75.
The worst performers were Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was down 6.97% to 65.40 in late trade, Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which lost 5.63% to settle at 46.620 and Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 4.76% to 23.620 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 456 to 136 and 74 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 7.80% to 16.84 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.32% or 15.90 to $1189.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.69% or 0.51 to hit $73.83 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.99% or 0.83 to trade at $83.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.40% to 1.1478, while EUR/GBP rose 0.07% to 0.8785.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 95.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.