The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 1.35% or 0.92 points to trade at 68.88 at the close. EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) added 0.75% or 0.80 points to end at 107.30 and Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) was up 0.64% or 0.350 points to 54.750 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which lost 4.93% or 0.810 points to trade at 15.615 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 4.00% or 1.29 points to end at 30.97 and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) shed 3.00% or 10.65 points to 344.40.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 3.64% to 2.221, Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was up 1.35% to settle at 68.88 and Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which gained 0.84% to close at 21.620.
The worst performers were Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was down 4.97% to 43.05 in late trade, STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which lost 4.93% to settle at 15.615 and Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA (PA: PLOF ) which was down 4.54% to 25.42 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 484 to 119 and 66 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 16.00% to 15.20 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.13% or 1.65 to $1282.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.16% or 0.10 to hit $61.84 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.15 to trade at $70.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1203, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8554.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 97.278.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.