The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 1.85% or 0.80 points to trade at 44.16 at the close. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) added 1.65% or 0.196 points to end at 12.080 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was up 1.14% or 1.02 points to 90.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ), which lost 3.51% or 10.60 points to trade at 291.70 in late trade. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) declined 3.16% or 1.74 points to end at 53.24 and Hermes International SCA (PA: HRMS ) shed 2.63% or 14.80 points to 547.60.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were SCOR SE (PA: SCOR ) which rose 9.53% to 38.83, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was up 6.62% to settle at 115.20 and Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which gained 3.55% to close at 27.41.
The worst performers were Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was down 5.23% to 7.70 in late trade, Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which lost 4.83% to settle at 71.00 and Tarkett (PA: TKTT ) which was down 4.34% to 24.66 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 370 to 179 and 123 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 7.22% to 15.63.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.73% or 8.80 to $1197.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.17% or 0.12 to hit $69.92 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.09% or 0.07 to trade at $78.22 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.41% to 1.1572, while EUR/GBP fell 0.04% to 0.9021.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 95.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.