The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Orange SA (PA: ORAN ), which rose 0.98% or 0.14 points to trade at 13.96 at the close. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) added 0.11% or 0.06 points to end at 49.23 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) was down 0.18% or 0.03 points to 13.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which lost 9.08% or 1.415 points to trade at 14.170 in late trade. Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) declined 4.19% or 4.95 points to end at 113.15 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) shed 3.60% or 18.80 points to 503.20.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ipsen SA (PA: IPN ) which rose 1.56% to 110.80, Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) which was up 0.98% to settle at 13.96 and Dassault Aviation SA (PA: AVMD ) which gained 0.56% to close at 1263.00.
The worst performers were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was down 9.08% to 14.170 in late trade, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which lost 7.56% to settle at 78.300 and Imerys SA (PA: IMTP ) which was down 5.67% to 39.58 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 439 to 130 and 75 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 16.71% to 16.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.01% or 0.15 to $1275.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.33% or 0.21 to hit $63.13 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.07% or 0.05 to trade at $72.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.11% to 1.1168, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8778.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 97.765.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.