The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 0.92% or 0.24 points to trade at 26.45 at the close. AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) added 0.55% or 0.14 points to end at 26.57 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 points to 18.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 3.89% or 1.125 points to trade at 27.800 in late trade. Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) declined 3.51% or 3.20 points to end at 87.97 and Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) shed 3.39% or 1.55 points to 44.13.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were BIC (PA: BICP ) which rose 1.67% to 85.00, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was up 0.92% to settle at 26.45 and AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) which gained 0.55% to close at 26.57.
The worst performers were Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which was down 5.23% to 62.500 in late trade, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which lost 4.15% to settle at 39.93 and Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was down 4.10% to 110.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 465 to 149 and 66 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 8.02% to 16.37 a new 3-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.74% or 10.00 to $1337.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.96% or 0.63 to hit $65.17 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.65% or 1.15 to trade at $68.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.42% to 1.2462, while EUR/GBP rose 0.38% to 0.8803.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.54% at 88.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.