The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which rose 3.95% or 2.20 points to trade at 57.94 at the close. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) added 2.13% or 2.65 points to end at 127.30 and Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ) was up 1.95% or 0.87 points to 45.13 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ), which lost 5.70% or 1.045 points to trade at 17.295 in late trade. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) declined 4.17% or 16.20 points to end at 372.30 and Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) shed 3.99% or 2.56 points to 61.60.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) which rose 3.95% to 57.94, SES (PA: SESFd ) which was up 3.34% to settle at 12.69 and SCOR SE (PA: SCOR ) which gained 2.31% to close at 35.50.
The worst performers were Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which was down 8.59% to 22.980 in late trade, Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which lost 5.95% to settle at 148.60 and Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 5.89% to 10.870 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 441 to 157 and 85 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 71.43% to 30.45 a new 52-week high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.66% or 8.70 to $1323.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.60% or 0.99 to hit $60.80 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.45% or 0.95 to trade at $64.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.2239, while EUR/GBP fell 0.43% to 0.8798.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 90.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.