The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which rose 0.14% or 0.22 points to trade at 152.14 at the close. EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) fell 0.16% or 0.16 points to end at 97.96 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) was down 0.62% or 0.10 points to 16.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 5.41% or 1.050 points to trade at 18.368 in late trade. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) declined 3.95% or 1.05 points to end at 25.52 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) shed 3.82% or 1.24 points to 31.13.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which rose 2.16% to 12.31, Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which was up 1.26% to settle at 72.450 and Korian Medica SA (PA: KORI ) which gained 0.69% to close at 34.800.
The worst performers were Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) which was down 8.00% to 25.86 in late trade, Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which lost 6.65% to settle at 48.68 and Imerys SA (PA: IMTP ) which was down 6.48% to 45.04 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 460 to 121 and 84 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 10.03% to 16.90 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.34% or 4.45 to $1311.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.72% or 1.03 to hit $58.95 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.39% or 0.94 to trade at $66.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.73% to 1.1289, while EUR/GBP fell 1.42% to 0.8550.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 96.188.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.