The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which rose 1.96% or 0.30 points to trade at 15.63 at the close. Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) added 1.84% or 0.25 points to end at 13.85 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) was up 1.39% or 1.05 points to 76.64 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which lost 9.62% or 40.60 points to trade at 381.30 in late trade. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) declined 7.14% or 20.40 points to end at 265.30 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 5.80% or 0.870 points to 14.130.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Iliad (PA: ILD ) which rose 3.90% to 103.05, Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was up 3.75% to settle at 62.250 and Metropole TV (PA: MMTP ) which gained 2.62% to close at 18.02.
The worst performers were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) which was down 9.62% to 381.30 in late trade, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) which lost 7.14% to settle at 265.30 and Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which was down 6.67% to 24.90 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 469 to 130 and 75 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 10.09% to 17.52 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1192.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.09% or 1.57 to hit $73.39 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.76% or 1.50 to trade at $83.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.1542, while EUR/GBP fell 0.05% to 0.8738.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 95.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.