The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which rose 0.34% or 0.18 points to trade at 52.68 at the close. Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) fell 0.53% or 0.60 points to end at 112.50 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was down 0.68% or 0.68 points to 99.28 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ), which lost 7.86% or 3.76 points to trade at 44.06 in late trade. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) declined 4.63% or 4.12 points to end at 84.84 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) shed 3.70% or 1.025 points to 26.690.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Groupe Eurotunnel (PA: GETP ) which rose 11.54% to 11.645, Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was up 1.58% to settle at 64.10 and Teleperformance (PA: ROCH ) which gained 1.57% to close at 123.30.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 22.38% to 1.460 in late trade, Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) which lost 7.86% to settle at 44.06 and Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was down 6.14% to 119.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 517 to 101 and 62 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 9.75% to 20.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.20% or 15.60 to $1320.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $61.06 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.39% or 0.25 to trade at $64.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.35% to 1.2307, while EUR/GBP rose 0.43% to 0.8942.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 90.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.