The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which fell 1.26% or 0.62 points to trade at 48.64 at the close. Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) fell 1.27% or 1.35 points to end at 104.70 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) was down 1.65% or 1.85 points to 110.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 6.50% or 4.70 points to trade at 67.66 in late trade. Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) declined 6.42% or 6.63 points to end at 96.62 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 5.98% or 0.770 points to 12.110.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 5.94% to 21.400, Mercialys (PA: MERY ) which was up 0.49% to settle at 12.24 and Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which gained 0.30% to close at 20.10.
The worst performers were Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which was down 7.80% to 11.110 in late trade, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which lost 7.34% to settle at 31.31 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 7.32% to 1.240 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 542 to 67 and 62 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 23.21% to 24.20 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.29% or 3.55 to $1246.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 3.33% or 1.76 to hit $51.13 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 3.43% or 2.11 to trade at $59.45 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.39% to 1.1388, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.8903.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 96.672.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.