The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ), which rose 2.04% or 0.66 points to trade at 33.06 at the close. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) added 1.86% or 0.160 points to end at 8.781 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) was up 1.81% or 0.85 points to 47.83 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Schneider Electric SE (PA: SCHN ), which lost 2.31% or 1.44 points to trade at 60.84 in late trade. Danone SA (PA: DANO ) declined 2.19% or 1.53 points to end at 68.25 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) shed 1.82% or 0.103 points to 5.567.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which rose 4.80% to 23.8000, GTT (PA: GTT ) which was up 4.39% to settle at 28.43 and SCOR SE (PA: SCOR ) which gained 3.68% to close at 28.35.
The worst performers were Rexel (PA: RXL ) which was down 2.64% to 14.00 in late trade, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which lost 2.55% to settle at 28.65 and Schneider Electric SE (PA: SCHN ) which was down 2.31% to 60.84 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 360 to 304 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 12.24% to 15.44 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.64% or 8.65 to $1340.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 3.80% or 1.73 to hit $47.23 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 3.58% or 1.72 to trade at $49.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1250, while EUR/GBP rose 0.42% to 0.8461.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.15% at 95.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.