The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which rose 2.70% or 0.45 points to trade at 16.91 at the close. Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) added 1.58% or 1.41 points to end at 90.37 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) was up 1.11% or 0.90 points to 82.18 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which lost 4.91% or 0.447 points to trade at 8.654 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) declined 4.85% or 0.21 points to end at 4.14 and Nokia Oyj (PA: NOKIA ) shed 1.91% or 0.089 points to 4.561.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Casino Guichard (PA: CASP ) which rose 7.25% to 54.72, Lagardere S.C.A. (PA: LAGA ) which was up 5.19% to settle at 22.27 and Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which gained 3.73% to close at 27.800.
The worst performers were Gemalto (AS: GTO ) which was down 7.32% to 53.05 in late trade, Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) which lost 4.91% to settle at 8.654 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) which was down 4.85% to 4.14 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 372 to 265 and 100 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.26% to 21.94.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.31% or 4.00 to $1271.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.54% or 0.25 to hit $45.98 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.90% or 0.43 to trade at $47.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.38% to 1.1383, while EUR/GBP fell 0.44% to 0.7874.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.28% at 94.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.