The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 0.79% or 0.30 points to trade at 38.71 at the close. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) added 0.77% or 0.50 points to end at 65.16 and Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) was up 0.74% or 0.80 points to 109.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ), which lost 1.89% or 3.60 points to trade at 186.85 in late trade. Renault SA (PA: RENA ) declined 1.53% or 1.33 points to end at 85.45 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 1.45% or 0.17 points to 11.23.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ) which rose 3.69% to 12.500, Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which was up 3.00% to settle at 14.060 and Innate Pharma (PA: IPH ) which gained 1.98% to close at 13.880.
The worst performers were LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) which was down 1.89% to 186.85 in late trade, Plastic Omnium (PA: PLOF ) which lost 1.70% to settle at 32.13 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) which was down 1.53% to 85.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 343 to 262 and 91 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.56% to 15.37.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 0.18% or 2.15 to $1187.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.75% or 0.94 to hit $52.84 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.99% or 1.12 to trade at $55.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.0689, while EUR/GBP rose 0.54% to 0.8525.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.10% at 100.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.