The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 2.20% or 0.77 points to trade at 35.51 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: ISPA ) added 1.74% or 0.130 points to end at 7.580 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) was up 1.16% or 1.20 points to 104.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ), which lost 2.74% or 0.440 points to trade at 15.600 in late trade. Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) declined 2.61% or 2.02 points to end at 75.45 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) shed 2.53% or 0.47 points to 18.08.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Lagardere S.C.A. (PA: LAGA ) which rose 3.81% to 25.75, Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) which was up 2.20% to settle at 35.51 and Gemalto (AS: GTO ) which gained 2.00% to close at 54.54.
The worst performers were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which was down 3.30% to 20.970 in late trade, Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) which lost 2.74% to settle at 15.600 and Sanofi SA (PA: SASY ) which was down 2.61% to 75.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 301 to 271 and 98 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.76% to 16.07.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.57% or 6.55 to $1165.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 2.02% or 1.07 to hit $51.91 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.69% or 0.94 to trade at $54.78 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.40% to 1.0667, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.8395.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.30% at 100.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.