The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ), which rose 0.61% or 1.30 points to trade at 215.75 at the close. Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) added 0.28% or 0.26 points to end at 93.31 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) was up 0.04% or 0.01 points to 13.29 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nokia Oyj (PA: NOKIA ), which lost 3.31% or 0.182 points to trade at 5.321 in late trade. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) declined 2.36% or 2.90 points to end at 119.80 and Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ) shed 1.75% or 2.20 points to 123.30.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which rose 2.60% to 143.80, Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was up 2.59% to settle at 13.06 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which gained 1.32% to close at 49.35.
The worst performers were Nokia Oyj (PA: NOKIA ) which was down 3.31% to 5.321 in late trade, Ipsen (PA: IPN ) which lost 2.59% to settle at 112.95 and Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) which was down 2.36% to 119.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 411 to 188 and 85 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 10.47% to 13.16.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.61% or 7.54 to $1241.24 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.56% or 0.26 to hit $46.28 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.31 to trade at $48.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.77% to 1.1566, while EUR/GBP rose 0.83% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.55% at 94.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.