The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ), which rose 2.15% or 5.00 points to trade at 237.35 at the close. Klepierre (PA: LOIM ) added 1.29% or 0.49 points to end at 38.58 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) was up 0.96% or 0.44 points to 46.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which lost 6.53% or 1.66 points to trade at 23.68 in late trade. Renault SA (PA: RENA ) declined 4.82% or 4.02 points to end at 79.38 and Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) shed 4.45% or 1.74 points to 37.26.
The worst performers were Lagardere S.C.A. (PA: LAGA ) which was down 13.27% to 22.70 in late trade, Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) which lost 6.53% to settle at 23.68 and Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which was down 5.01% to 87.94 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 426 to 228 and 109 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.30% to 26.02.
In commodities trading, Gold for April delivery was up 1.03% or 12.90 to $1270.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.44% or 0.55 to hit $37.74 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.48% or 1.02 to trade at $40.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 1.72% to 1.1189, while EUR/GBP rose 0.84% to 0.7817.
The US Dollar Index was down 1.15% at 96.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.