The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ), which fell 0.39% or 0.080 points to trade at 20.220 at the close. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) fell 0.52% or 0.55 points to end at 105.80 and Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) was down 0.55% or 0.48 points to 87.16 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXA SA (PA: AXAF ), which lost 4.45% or 0.88 points to trade at 18.89 in late trade. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) declined 3.27% or 1.53 points to end at 45.42 and Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ) shed 2.95% or 0.94 points to 30.95.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Alten (PA: LTEN ) which rose 2.09% to 63.58, Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was up 0.30% to settle at 47.39 and Sartorius Stedim Biotech (PA: STDM ) which gained 0.23% to close at 66.14.
The worst performers were AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) which was down 4.45% to 18.89 in late trade, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which lost 3.87% to settle at 3.875 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) which was down 3.27% to 45.42 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 506 to 163 and 96 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 18.05% to 19.46.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.15% or 2.05 to $1343.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 3.46% or 1.54 to hit $46.02 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 3.12% or 1.45 to trade at $47.93 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1254, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8679.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.22% at 95.20.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.